Friday, May 20, 2005

Secret Pal Survey.

Okay, this is long, but here we go...

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

Well, to be honest, I've never knit with "nice" yarn, since I learned to knit in my college days. (Hee hee, my college days only ended on the 12th of this month!) I love Lion Brand Cotton-Ease (my fave yarn), and I really don't like Red Heart, but I think that I'd like to try some "nice" yarn, just to see what it's like. Maybe some Koigu?

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

In a word: no.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Nope.

4. How long have you been knitting?

I started knitting in February of 2004, and I haven't stopped since!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No, but I guess I should throw that together. Now that I think about it, I probably won't do it, though.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

My favorite scent is pretty much the coconut/lime from Bath and Body Works. Mmm Mm!

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

I like chocolate for sure, and I like certain candy bars (no Snickers or Milky Way - yuck, yes Payday and Butterfinger and anything Reese's - yum!), but I'm the type who would rather have seconds than dessert.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I used to sew my own clothes by hand - because I could never really get the hang of a sewing machine - but I really don't do that anymore. And even though I joined Back Tack, I pretty much just knit.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like 80's music (the pop, like Depeche Mode, Talking Heads, and Def Leppard - not the metal like Judas Priest and Metallica), and I really enjoy Latin music, my favorite Latin performer being Shakira.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Oh my gosh, my favorite color is red, hands down. I have been trying to wear more green lately, and my boyfriend thinks I look best in blue, but basically, my rule of thumb is: If it it an object that can be bought in red, then I buy it in red.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I just graduated from college, and I'm waiting (6 weeks) to move to California for this job that I got (!), so I live with my mom and my sister. We are SO not a pet family.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

Well, career-wise, I plan to operate my very own Chick-fil-A. Family-wise, I plan to have as many children as I feel I can (very) comfortably afford. Personal-wise, I plan to become fully fluent in Spanish, and I plan to attempt to touch the lives of young people, somehow.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Lion Brand Cotton Ease is my favorite, right now. But I have knitted a swatch with Paton's Cotton DK, and I really like that, too. Like I said before, I don't know what it's like to knit with "good" yarn. I have dreams about Cashmere.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Well, I live in Texas, so I stay away from wool/wool blends. Cotton just feels so much better on the skin.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

I'm completely stuck in a cardigan phase, however I am also prone to be lulled into a tank-top phase now and again.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Shirts, with the exception of the occasional bag.

17. What are you knitting right now?

I'm knitting Scoop du Jour (2 at the same time!) and a Jerry-rigging of the Klaralund pattern, which I call "Copy Cat Klara." When I finish my CCK, I'm going to cast on for Pattern #12 in the Winter 2004/2005 Vogue Knitting. (It's a badass jacket.)

18. What do you think about ponchos?

No, no, no. Did I mention no? Well, no.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I prefer circular because I always catch the end of straight needles on something as I knit, and because circs are a lot more manageable, but I knit with straights sometines if I have no available circs in the particular size that I need.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I like the slick metal that Susan Bates needles are made with, and I dig me some Bamboo, too.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Ah, yes. Sock knitting... I've tried to knit a pait of socks so many times, and I just can't keep focused on them. I'll make all kinds of progress in the first sitting, then I get distracted and never look back. So, no, I guess I'm not.

22. How did you learn to knit?

I typed in "learn how to knit" in Google, and taught myself that way. I also learned by using a couple of knitting books.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

About six months. It's a blanket that I am about 4/10 of the way through.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I am thoroughly addicted, and infinitely entertained by South Park. I love all of the characters on the show.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

I like Valentine's Day a lot, and Mother's Day (gotta show the love!), but my favorite celebratory event would have to be birthdays. I really love birthdays - my own and everyone else's.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Um, does yarn count? :P Let's see... I just started collecting John Travolta movies (look on my 101 Things About Me list to see which ones I have), and I collect Shakira video and audio, and All Things Jimmy Fallon. (I love you, Jimmy!!)

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Well, I don't have any, but I still seem to buy every VK and IK that comes out... Yeah. Also, I would give up my first born for a Rowan Magazine subscription.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Rowan Mag #35. Other than that, I'm not much of a reader, but I do enjoy pretty much all types of non-fiction.

There we are - all done!

Anybody else... excited about SP5? Me too!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This probably belongs in the post with the back-tack fabric you are sending out, but I don't know if you would know that I posted a comment there or not. I'm your back-tack sender (ie. I sent you fabric). Wanted to see if you received the package yet. Hope you like what I chose!

Congratulations on graduating!!! Welcome to the working world!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home