Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Vanilla and Blueberry: A Tale of Four Fronts.

I finished all of the fronts of the Scoop du Jour twins, and I thought about casting on for the backs right away, but I'm tired. Also, I want to make a little CCK progress before I zoom ahead on the Scoops.

Here is some proof of said four fronts:





I guess I should state that I shorted the body of Vanilla Scoop because I want her to have more of a cropped look so that when I wear her, the shirt that I have on will stick out from the bottom and the top.

Blueberry is 14.5" from bottom to armpit, I think.

Also, today I went to buy my backtack fabric and stuff!

I think I'm going to show a picture. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to, right?



Click the picture to see a darker close-up. The colors are truer in the lighter photo. I love this fabric set, and even though I don't know much about quilting, I'd say this would make a nice one. Great greens!

On the top of the fabric is a coordinating zipper (maybe for a pocket on the outside of the needle roll), and on the bottom is some light green/grey translucent ribbon. Who knows what for? Not I.

Well, I'm tired and I have to wake up early, so Happy Knitting everyone!

Anybody else... waiting patiently for retirement? Me too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those greens would make a nice quilt, if not a bit boring...then again, that's just my aesthetic. My mom taught me to knit and quilt and crochet and alllll that jazz when I was 3 and 4, and I've yet to actually finish a quilt. Although I've got some quilt tops sitting around...my masterpiece is actually a crazy quilt-in-progress. But monochromatic quilts need a bit of spicing up in one form or another, in my opinion.

- Rahnia

7:18 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Your Scoop dy Jours are great! I love that pattern but I have so much on my plate now... maybe I can make it later this year :)

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home