Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Arizona is the BOMB!

I've been working here in Scottsdale, Arizona since Sunday, and I'm LOVING this weather! It always feels so incredible to travel out West and experience pure heat sans humidity. The sun is so much more inviting that way!

As a result, I am nice and golden brown because we've actually had some time to tan by the hotel's pool. Go figure that I never have time to tan when I'm at home, but the minute that I take a business trip on which I am going to have to bust my ass to help open a new store, I get to lay out. Curious, eh? Well, I've been enjoying myself, for sure.

The girl that I was tanning with is from California, and she was talking about how it's too hot, and she had to jump in the pool. I just said to her, "Girl, in Texas it's hot all the time, and the humidity pretty much ensures you a sweat. I'm loving this dry heat!" She didn't get me.

On the knitting front, I'm past the armholes on the back Blueberry Scoop and I think that once I finish it, I'll move on to the rest of Vanilla's back, and finish that on the plane ride back to Texas on Sunday.

Oh, and my Secret Pal has recently contacted me and asked me where I'm moving to in California! On August 1st, I'll be moving to Santa Ana to help open a Chick-fil-A which will be next to South Coast Plaza (!). Then in December, I'll be moving to a different city in California to help open up another store for 4 months, and so on. I'll be joining a team of about 7 other awesome folks who head up the Grand Openings of these new stores. Talk about publicity! The home office adores these people, and it's the best way to get your foot in for a store of your own, which is my goal.

Anyhoo, y'all take care - I forgot my digital camera at home (boo hoo!) so I can't take pictures of the Scoop twins, but I'll post some on Monday, I think.

Toodles!

Anybody else... totally excited about Secret Pal 5? Me too!!

7 Comments:

Blogger xtina said...

Hi! Can I join the Scoop du Jour Knitalong? I finally got some cottonease and just started working on it. Yours is in blueberry too?

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Skylar said...

Thanks for the info on the meme! And thanks for checking out my blog too!

12:06 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Hey Rachel -- I'm a fellow backtacker, living in AZ. This heat is insane. I'm a native and still cannot believe it is supposed to be 117 today. Good lord.
Anyway, what is Secret Pal 5 and how do you get involved?
Kelli
africankelli.blog.com

2:24 PM  
Blogger ctrymaus said...

OMG, I am such a novice knitter. I was just looking at your gallery and almost falling over in a faint, your stuff is so gorgeous! Knit on!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola From Your Secret Pal!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Wait until August and the monsoons come! Still hot with humidity added :)

7:44 AM  
Blogger jobs123 said...

Hey nice blog, really nice! I just want to let you know I have an vacation package
site - blog too!
It's a free information site with tips and secrets for saving big money on your next vacation!

It mostly deals with vacation package plus other stuff
You Can Save Up to 50% off your next vacation
You Should check it out if you get the chance :-)

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home